Tuesday, June 1, 2010
I finished these for Potholder Pass 3. I almost didn't buy the brown stripe that I used for the bias. I made a remark to the saleslady that I hate sewing stripes. She replied that she usually likes to use stripes for binding so that is what I chose to do. Overall, I think it works. The back is a black cowboy boot print with a linen and red check piece slightly off-centered. I wish I hadn't used the scrappy look to the back, but I realized that I didn't like it so much once the entire potholder was quilted. I'm hoping to go back to the store today to see if they have any fabric left of these prints because I really do like the way it worked out.