Search This Blog

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Jane Market Bag for PP8


I'm participating in the PP8 hosted by Amy at During Quiet Time. My partner this time requested orange and turquoise or red and turquoise. She also stated that she likes flowers and fruit. When I searched through her favorites, I discovered she also likes crochet so I used size 10 thread to crochet the two flowers (attached with safety pins). I used osnaburg for the center panel with Kona solids strips at the top. I also quilted random flowers in the osnaburg (quilt sandwich made with flannel and more red checks for the back of the pocket). The ric rac came from a vintage lot I bought while thrifting. The straps are Kona with orange topstitching. I did use interfacing throughout this entire bag including the straps. The lining is also the red checks (properly aged - over 10 years). The bag is headed east and hopefully the new owner likes it!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I can confirm that the new owner loves it! This post answers a lot of the questions I had. 1. I was wondering what you used to crochet the flowers--they're really beautiful and I love the vibrant colors. 2. I was curious if the pocket was linen, it didn't seem like linen but I couldn't identify it. 3. I was wondering if there was interfacing or batting--now I know.

    You really did such a fabulous job on this bag! I love that parts of it have been aged to perfection. ;)

    ReplyDelete